[ESS] fighting indentation in SAS mode

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Tue Nov 5 21:16:49 CET 2013

On 11/05/2013 01:48 PM, Ross Boylan wrote:
> Generally, anything left of "/* this is what happens if I hit return" is
> only there because I hit backspace repeatedly.
>
> Is this the intended behavior?  What can I do about it?
>
> Thanks.
> Ross Boylan

Hi Ross:

Intended?  No, I don't think so, but sadly de facto.  I
spent some time trying to debug it years ago, but it's not much fun.
In 13.05, we shut it off by default:
<http://ess.r-project.org/Manual/news.html>
ESS[SAS]: ess-sas-edit-keys-toggle now defaults to t since
sas-indent-line is still broken, i.e. TAB is now bound to
ess-sas-tab-to-tab-stop by default

--
Rodney Sparapani, PhD
Manager of Statistical & Computational Operations