[ESS] Debug mode puts point in the wrong buffer

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 23:15:10 CEST 2013

 >> Marius Hofert <marius.hofert at math.ethz.ch>
 >> on Thu, 20 Jun 2013 22:40:12 +0200 wrote:

[...]

 > there is. Please find attached a screenshot which shows the output for
 > the example I gave based on 'simsalapar'. => DB is red, but M-N
 > returns 'M-N is undefined'. I hope I'll find a 'more easily
 > reproducible' example.

Thanks for the screenshot. I think this is some sort of emacs glitch or
keyboard thing. If DB is red that means that ess-debug-minor-mode is t
and the key-map should be available. You can check if
ess-debug-minor-mode is indeed t.

Is it only M-N or other commands also M-C, M-Q? It's really weird that
the problem occurs only occasionally. Make sure the focus is *R* or
script buffer. These commands are not accessible from other buffers.

    Vitalie