[ESS] Debug mode puts point in the wrong buffer

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 22:24:44 CEST 2013

 >> Marius Hofert <marius.hofert at math.ethz.ch>
 >> on Thu, 20 Jun 2013 21:14:50 +0200 wrote:

[...]

 > However, when I use...

 > require(simsalapar)

 > debug(varlist)
 > varlist(a)

 > ... to debug the function 'varlist' in our package 'simsalapar' (not
 > out yet...), I receive "M-N is undefined'.

That can only mean that R is not in debug session or ESS didn't detect
that it is in debug session. Is your R in non-English locale? If not
then it might be the same issue as reported by Andreas.

When reporting such problems you should always look in the *R* buffer
and paste here what you see there. Also whether there is a big red DB in
the mode-line.

    Vitalie