[ESS] ESS AUCTeX RefTeX Polymode Setup

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Tue Jul 23 13:48:24 CEST 2013

Hi Ramon,

Thanks for that information.

A search for ESS on Debian/Ubtunu leads to:

  http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=ess&searchon=names

and:

  http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=ess

where in turn, for one of the versions, you get a file list such as:

  http://packages.debian.org/jessie/all/ess/filelist

that includes the startup file that you reference below.

A search of the Github repo for ESS, shows that there is a file that appears to be a part of the ESS Debian folder tree:

  https://github.com/emacs-ess/ESS/blob/master/debian/emacsen-startup

which in turn contains the (require 'ess-site) at line 36. So, it looks like Debian and Ubuntu are special cases in this regard.

That helps to explain what is going on.

Thanks again!

Marc