[ESS] ess sas interactive (remote)

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 10:00:32 CEST 2013

 >> Vinh Nguyen <vinhdizzo at gmail.com>
 >> on Sun, 11 Aug 2013 11:52:01 -0700 wrote:

 > On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Vitalie Spinu <spinuvit at gmail.com> wrote:
 >> As Rodney said it, start your remote sas session in shell, then M-x
 >> ess-sas-interactive.
 >>
 >> From sas file you can execute code and it should connect to subprocess
 >> automatically. Alternatively C-c C-s to connect manually.

 > Just pulled the latest SVN code.  I ssh'd to remote server, then
 > issued (ess-sas-interactive) where the command "sas -rsasuser -altlog
 > .log -altprint .lst -stdio < /dev/tty" was executed in the shell
 > buffer.

 > If I open a sas file, "C-c C-s" starts a the usual 3 buffer sas
 > process locally. If I try to send code with "C-c C-j" or "C-c C-r", the same thing
 > happens.

Should not be.

This is what I have without having sas installed. Start shell. Then M-x
ess-sas-interactive. Goto to test.sas and execute some paragraph with
C-c C-c. It is being sent to inferior shell program.

C-c C-s in test.sas buffer asks whether to connect to *iESS[SAS]* or
create new process.

Rodney?

    Vitalie

BTW, in my case ESS opens 4 new buffers, 2 of which are identical
*SAS.log* buffers. That may be because my sas command is actually R.