[ESS] ess sas interactive (remote)

Vinh Nguyen vinhdizzo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 20:52:01 CEST 2013

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Vitalie Spinu <spinuvit at gmail.com> wrote:
> As Rodney said it, start your remote sas session in shell, then M-x
> ess-sas-interactive.
>
> From sas file you can execute code and it should connect to subprocess
> automatically. Alternatively C-c C-s to connect manually.

Just pulled the latest SVN code.  I ssh'd to remote server, then
issued (ess-sas-interactive) where the command "sas -rsasuser -altlog
.log -altprint .lst -stdio < /dev/tty" was executed in the shell
buffer.

If I open a sas file, "C-c C-s" starts a the usual 3 buffer sas
process locally.  If I try to send code with "C-c C-j" or "C-c C-r",
the same thing happens.

I was expecting the code to be evaluated in the remote iESS buffer.

-- Vinh