[ESS] ESS and R 3.0.0

Fernando Mayer fernandomayer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 04:31:49 CEST 2013

Hello,

just installed R 3.0.0 and when I M-x R in emacs, I have the following
situation:

- It starts in a new buffer

- Prompt starts as

+ + . + + . + >

- *Messages* says:

ess-error: ESS process not ready. Finish your command before trying again.
Fontifying *R*... (regexps....................)
ESS process not ready. Finish your command before trying again.

- *ESS* says

(ess-multi 1):  start-args=--no-readline
Making Process...Buf *R*, :Proc R, :Prog R
 :Args= --no-readline
Start File=nil
(ess-multi 2): waiting for process to start (before hook)

None of these seems serious problems, as I can use R/ESS in the usual
way. I'm just reporting it, as this is the development version of ESS.

Emacs 23.4.1
ESS 13.03 (cloned and updated from GitHub)
R 3.0.0

[]s,

---
Fernando de Pol Mayer
Doutorando em Estatística e Experimentação Agronômica
Escola Superior de Agricultura "Luiz de Queiroz" - ESALQ
Universidade de São Paulo - USP
e-mail: fernando.mayer [@] {gmail.com, usp.br}