[ESS] truncating output from remote R process

Ali Tofigh alix.tofigh at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 01:29:15 CEST 2012

In earlier versions of ess, I was able to send a literal ^C (i.e.,
typing C-q C-c followed by RET) to stop output being printed in a
remote R process. This was extremely useful when accidentally printing
very large objects. I can't do this anymore, which means I simply have
to wait and wait and wait until all the output has been printed. Is
there a work-around/fix/solution for this?

I start my remote process using tramp and ssh: M-x R
/ssh:me at server.com:<path> RET

/ali