[ESS] Gretl mode for ESS

Rasmus rasmus at gmx.us
Wed Oct 3 17:14:17 CEST 2012

Vitalie Spinu <spinuvit at gmail.com> writes:

> I am pretty convinced now that gretl would be a nice addition to ESS,
> especially in the light of it being GNU licensed.

Gretl is nice, and I guess somewhat focused on 'econometric'
applications.  The documentation is very good, and even though I
mainly use R I have some times used the Gretl documentation.

To me it feels Stata-ish in the way commands are inputted, but I could
be, and probably am, entirely wrong.

I would love to see ESS support, which would make it more accessible.

Cheers,
Rasmus

--
. . . Stallman was indeed the tallest possible mountain and by
standing on his shoulders you could see forever. . .