[ESS] some recent bugs/annoyances

Vitalie Spinu spinuvit at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 22:25:58 CET 2012

(Hm it looks like we have a bit of a mess in S+ dialects. Why do we set
the dialect to S+6 and then call Splus8 instead? )

Till we figure it out, you can set S+6-dialect-name to "Splus82-j". With
the version of ess-start-process-specific I have provided, it should
auto-start your favorite dialect. Please let me know if this works.

Alternatively you can customize inferior-S+6-program-name to "Splus" and
it should work fine.

(Also, is it a standard name "Splus" for unix alike? If so why do we set
the default to "Splus8"?)

    Vitalie