[ESS] sas-mode redefining newline? how can I make it stop?

fork forkandwait at gmail.com
Fri May 6 22:29:47 CEST 2011

Rodney Sparapani <rsparapa <at> mcw.edu> writes:

> You can also try variants of:
>
> (global-set-key (kbd "<return>") [?\C-m])

I think (local-set-key (kbd "<return>") 'newline)
 seems to be working, without
being clobbered.  Setting it the other way seemed
to get clobbered after a
little bit of working.

I also set C-j to a custom command that is basically (progn
(newline)(indent-relative-maybe)).  This gives me SAS
editing behavior when I
want it.

> At the end of the day, I doubt that this is an ESS issue.  YMMV

I am afraid my mileage is slightly different from yours,
but I appreciate the help.