[ESS] Emacs Modified available

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 05:20:40 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 2:04 AM, Vincent Goulet
<Vincent.Goulet at act.ulaval.ca> wrote:
> I finally managed to set up my web site on a new server provided by my faculty. Therefore, the Emacs for [Windows|OS X] Modified distribution is now available at the usual address:
>
>        http://vgoulet.act.ulaval.ca/en/emacs/
>
> I took to opportunity to simplify and overhaul the site a bit. And use a more recent picture on the home page... ;-)
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience and the delay.

Thanks for doing this. I truly appreciate the effort. And framepop?
how much better can it get than that!

Can you tell me something.  How "smart" are these windows installers
about upgrading an existing Emacs install?  Will they remove the old
version for us automatically?

Here's why I ask. Last time, I installed Emacs in a folder that does
not mention the version number,

C:\Program Files\GNUEmacs

Will this one notice that and install in the same place (I hope yes).

I do lots of Linux packaging, and I know how I wish this would work in
Windows, but I am afraid...

pj
--
Paul E. Johnson