[ESS] Finding Rterm in R 2.12.0 on Windows

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Thu Feb 3 20:47:13 CET 2011

> Well, in almost all matters R, I would defer to Stephen.  However, I
> don't understand your remark.  On Mac OS X, whichever version of R you
> installed last (presumably the latest), is always found at /usr/bin/R
> I must be missing your point entirely.

Sorry Rodney - I don't think I explained clearly enough.  The homebrew
system always puts the symlinks into /usr/bin, whichever software you
are installing.  As you say, R already does this on mac -- what I guess
I'd like to know from windows users then is whether there is an
equivalent of /usr/bin (i.e. that is always on the PATH) where a symlink
to R can be put?

Stephen