[ESS] How to show R function argument hint?

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 21:57:35 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 2:31 PM, Stanley Chu <chd850 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Thanks a lot for following up. I include this in my preference.el file to make it work.
>
> ;; Enable function argument hint
>        (require 'ess-eldoc)
>

> I believe this is automatically turned on in Aquamacs, as well as the emacs by Vincent Goulet. http://vgoulet.act.ulaval.ca/en/ressources/emacs/windows

Just to be clear.  When you are typing in the R script buffer, NOT the
*R* terminal buffer, then you see tool tips appearing in a minibuffer
when  you start to type commands?  Do you press a key sequence to get
them?

On Linux, I've put (require 'ess-eldoc) in my .emacs file, but I don't
see any effect.  I fear I've made some other change or installed some
other package that breaks it.

pj

--
Paul E. Johnson