[ESS] Jumping to (or listing) functions in a given file?

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 20:21:01 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Steve Lianoglou
<mailinglist.honeypot at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 7:17 AM, A.J. Rossini <blindglobe at gmail.com> wrote:
>> ecb support and speedbar support should also provide what you need,
>> but you've found the basic infrastructure.   Stephen or someone should
>> check the regex's you suggest...
>
> I have ecb installed and use it all the time (mainly for a directory
> list in a left pane, and code on the right). While I'm happy with this
> ido-ized solution to my original question, I'm curious how I would
> have used ecb to do the same.
>
> I know there are some ecb layouts that have a "function" pane or
> something, but I wasn't aware they really worked with R (w/o
> ctags(?)). Is this what you're referring to, or .. ?

The function/method pane in ECB should work via the imenu regex's and
display functions, generics, and methods.   At least they did 5 years
ago, it's been a while since I specifically looked for them...

best,
-tony

blindglobe at gmail.com
Muttenz, Switzerland.
"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we
can easily roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).

Drink Coffee:  Do stupid things faster with more energy!