[ESS] ESS Editing Mode

David Neu david at davidneu.com
Thu Jan 14 18:21:12 CET 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 9:50 AM, Rodney Sparapani <rsparapa at mcw.edu> wrote:
> Well, quite frankly, what dynamite editing features do you like?  I always
> thought that the editing part was pretty mundane and the gee-whiz factor was
> the interactivity.  I think you are on your own.
>
> Rodney

Hi Rodney,

> what dynamite editing features do you like?
I'm not looking for any dynamite editing features, I'm just trying to
isolate the standard keyword, variable, comment etc. highlighting and
indentation support that most Emacs programming language modes
including ESS support.

> I always thought that the editing part was pretty mundane and the gee-whiz factor was
> the interactivity.
Yes, the interactivity is nice, but as I mentioned in a previous post,
I'm trying to get ESS working under GNU screen.  So far that hasn't
been successful.  I do have a different approach that gives me the
functionality that I'm look for and doesn't use the interactivity
features in ESS.

Cheers,
David