[ESS] help in R 2.10 Windows

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Mon Nov 2 23:19:22 CET 2009

Hi Ross
(and everyone else).

In the "development version" of ESS (in 'svn' / subversion)
I have committed changes that should fix this problem persistently.
I'd be glad if you could try out the new (unreleased) version of ESS
and confirm that my changes fix the problem.
You can get the Windows-zip file
  ftp://stat.ethz.ch/U/maechler/ESS/ess-5.6.zip
which you need to unpack at the appropriate place,
or possibly only use its ./lisp/ subdirectory instead of the installed
./ess/ one..

Best regards,
Martin Maechler