[ESS] Rd-mode filling

tyler tyler.smith at mail.mcgill.ca
Wed Jun 3 05:25:35 CEST 2009

Hi,

Rd-mode doesn't seem to handle paragraph filling very well. At least for
me, it only recognizes blank lines as paragraph breaks, which means
hitting M-q anywhere in the following:

\name{het.init}
\alias{het.simulate}
\title{
  High-level functions to initialize, run and analyze cellular automata
  simulations.
}
\description{
  \code{het.simulate} is a wrapper that calls a number of helper
  functions to intitialize and run cellular automata simulations.
}

Produces this:

\name{het.init} \alias{het.simulate} \title{ High-level functions to
initialize, run and analyze cellular automata simulations.  }
\description{ \code{het.simulate} is a wrapper that calls a number of
helper functions to intitialize and run cellular automata simulations.
}

Not very pretty! I've written a hook to modify paragraph-start and
paragraph-separate that fixes this - is that of interest to others, or
is there some obvious fix that I've overlooked? I didn't see anything in
the manual or in essddr.el.

Cheers,

Tyler

GNU Emacs 23.0.93.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.16.1)
ESS 5.3.12

--
I never loan my books, for people never return them. The only books
remaining in my library are those I’ve borrowed from others.