[ESS] Skeleton pair insert not working after upgrade.

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Mon Aug 31 21:39:27 CEST 2009

Rodney Sparapani wrote:

> Sorry, I was on vacation.  But, you will see that this has been fixed
> in SVN:
> ;;this is bass-ackwards
> ;;  (define-key ess-mode-map "("  ;; allow to toggle after customization:
> ;;    (if ess-r-args-electric-paren 'ess-r-args-auto-show
> 'self-insert-command))
>   (if ess-r-args-electric-paren (define-key ess-mode-map "("
> 'ess-r-args-auto-show))

See the ess-help thread "skeleton-pair and XEmacs" for some details.
Note that there is an XEmacs bug (Issues 551 and 554) at the beginning
of the thread that has some workarounds, fixes in the pipeline.  But,
the end of the thread discusses this same ESS bug.  Fix to appear in ESS
5.5 RSN.

Rodney

Did the Great Recession cure Global Warming?