[ESS] Skeleton pair insert not working after upgrade.

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Mon Aug 31 15:35:00 CEST 2009

S. McKay Curtis wrote:
> Marc,
>
> Misery loves company, so I'm glad you were able to replicate my troubles!
>
> I am having the problem on Windows XP.
>
> I'm not an Emacs guru, but the file ess-mode.el contains this statement
>
>   (define-key ess-mode-map "("  ;; allow to toggle after customization:
>     (if ess-r-args-electric-paren 'ess-r-args-auto-show 'self-insert-command))
>
> which looks like it redefines the parenthesis.  Do the lines of code
> above negate what I have in my .emacs file?
>
> Puzzled,
> McKay

Sorry, I was on vacation.  But, you will see that this has been fixed
in SVN:
;;this is bass-ackwards
;;  (define-key ess-mode-map "("  ;; allow to toggle after customization:
;;    (if ess-r-args-electric-paren 'ess-r-args-auto-show
'self-insert-command))
   (if ess-r-args-electric-paren (define-key ess-mode-map "("
'ess-r-args-auto-show))

--
Rodney Sparapani      Center for Patient Care & Outcomes Research (PCOR)
Sr. Biostatistician              http://www.mcw.edu/pcor