[ESS] ess buffer annoyance

tigermichael tigermichael at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 15:47:58 CET 2008

I'd been using this very old ESS version (don't remember the exact number) and xemacs 21.4.13 and R2.1. I typically splitted the xemacs window into halves with one editor and one for the ESS buffer so that I could see immediately the result as soon as I submited my R scripts. Everything was fine then except I didn't get the nice graphical interface now. But something has been changed since I upgraded to ESS5.3.6, xemacs 21.4.21 and R2.6. The most annoying one is now when I click the "Eval region" button (or C-c C-r) like I used to do, the ESS buffer window no longer automatically updates by itself as before. Instead, I have to manually scroll down the buffer to the end to see the result of last submission, which is a BIG HASSEL. And I have no idea of how to solve this. Can anyone here shed some light on this?

Thank you!!

Mike