[ESS] using tramp for remote machine processes

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 19:27:43 CET 2008

On 2/21/08, Sebastian P. Luque <spluque at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 08:10:48 -0600,
> "Sebastian P. Luque" <spluque at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If I'm not overlooking some problem with this, wouldn't this be a good
> > pointer to have in the manual?
>
> Well I guess I am overlooking something, and that is: the *R* process is
> still local in that case, not remote... oops!  Sorry for that.

You are, and you aren't.   A similar approach was used to
automagically do that for the ESS SAS mode.  It worked, last I checked
back in the early 2000s...

So we should get something like that working at some point.
Contributions welcome!

best,
-tony

blindglobe at gmail.com
Muttenz, Switzerland.
"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we
can easily roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).

Drink Coffee:  Do stupid things faster with more energy!