[ESS] latin-1 in windows

Vincent Goulet vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca
Tue Dec 9 23:21:59 CET 2008

Le mar. 09 déc. à 12:48, Rodney Sparapani a écrit :

> And for the emacs gurus out there, where does .emacs go now:  I'm
> guessing
> %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\.emacs.d?

[On Windows]

My experience when I started playing with GNU Emacs on Windows (circa
2001) was that Emacs would hang whenever you switched back and forth
between Emacs and another application if the HOME environment variable
was not set. Don't ask me how I found that out, though.

(I didn't check with a recent version if this is still true.)

For this reason, my distribution of GNU Emacs for Windows sets the
HOME environment variable iff it does exist already. The default value
is %USERPROFILE%.

Cheers

Vincent