[ESS] Tab completion in ESS 5.3.7 with older version of comint.el

tyler tyler.smith at mail.mcgill.ca
Tue Apr 29 14:13:20 CEST 2008

Erik Iverson <iverson at biostat.wisc.edu> writes:

> The reason I used an 'old' version of comint.el was that I liked the
> behavior that hitting return on a previous R command would copy it to
> the current prompt, let me edit it, and then hit return again to
> submit it.

This feature is available via C-c return. The command in question is
comint-copy-old-input, which you could rebind to another key if you

I know this doesn't solve your actual problem, but perhaps provides a
workable alternative.

``I have no "intellectual property," and I think that all claimants to
such property are thieves.''           --Wendell Berry