[ESS] Syntax-highlighting/Font-locking in SAS buffers ( .sas, .log, .lst)

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Thu Oct 11 21:46:16 CEST 2007

Will wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how do I turn on automatic Syntax highlighting in SAS buffers (.sas,
> .log, .lst)? How do I automize this with hooks? How do I find the
> appropriate hooks?

It should be automatic for .sas if ESS is loaded.  For the others, you
can automate them in ess-site.el via auto-mode-alist

> When I use the functions <sas-listing-mode> I see no effect.
> When I use <sas-log-mode> it looks not so helpful.
> Do I need special font-locking definition files for that?

sas-listing-mode is pretty much a waste of time.  sas-log-mode is
basically just SAS-mode with a few tweaks.  And, lastly, yes and no
(you've already got them, they come with ESS).

> If single apostrophes appear in the buffers like a variable label such
> as <Men's height> (without a closing apostroph) all following text gets
> highlighted as a quoted string. How can I avoid that?

You can't.

> Thanks for answers in advance, Will

Rodney