[ESS] Syntax-highlighting/Font-locking in SAS buffers ( .sas, .log, .lst)

Will schimpanski at gmx.de
Thu Oct 11 17:02:04 CEST 2007

Hi,

how do I turn on automatic Syntax highlighting in SAS buffers (.sas,
.log, .lst)? How do I automize this with hooks? How do I find the
appropriate hooks?

When I use the functions <sas-listing-mode> I see no effect.
When I use <sas-log-mode> it looks not so helpful.
Do I need special font-locking definition files for that?

If single apostrophes appear in the buffers like a variable label such
as <Men's height> (without a closing apostroph) all following text gets
highlighted as a quoted string. How can I avoid that?

Thanks for answers in advance, Will