[ESS] John Fox init.el in mac OS (basic question)

Tiago R Magalhães tiago17 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 10:38:27 CEST 2007

Dear members of ESS list,

I am trying to use the configurations from John Fox, from his init.el file.

The issue is that I have a macintosh (MacBook Pro with 10.4.10 installed).
Xemacs is running. R is also running. Ess loads correctly.

When the xemacs opens I see "R fontifying", which goes for a long time
and at the end I get the error message:
(1) (initialization/error) An error has occurred while loading
/Users/tiago/.xemacs/init.el:

Timeout waiting for prompt. Check inferior-ess-prompt or ess-loop-timeout.

If anyone has any advice, thank you very much.
I have tried to check the ESS mailing list, but couldn't find anything
about it.

Best,
Tiago M