[ESS] mouse-selecting previous line in *R* buffer

Dan Davison davison at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Nov 25 16:40:44 CET 2007

In a *R* buffer, if I hover my mouse pointer over the (not a?) previously evaluated line,
the whole line excluding the R prompt goes sort of light green and a message comes up saying

'mouse 2: insert after prompt as new input'

I'm a bit anti mice. Nevertheless I was trying to use the thing to copy some text from that line,
and the light green message stuff prevented me from selecting the text. I'm not at all claiming
that this shouldn't be default behaviour, but how do I turn this functionality off?

Thanks!

Dan

p.s. The text was destined for another xterm, not an emacs buffer, so I wasn't using emacs kill/yank.
If anyone has any tips for copying between emacs buffers and xterms and other application windows
in linux without using the mouse that would be very welcome too (though maybe they should be offline).

GNU Emacs 21.4.1
ess-5.3.6
> version
               _
platform       i686-redhat-linux-gnu
arch           i686
os             linux-gnu
system         i686, linux-gnu
status
major          2
minor          5.1
year           2007
month          06
day            27
svn rev        42083
language       R
version.string R version 2.5.1 (2007-06-27)

Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.20-1.2320.fc5smp #1 SMP Tue Jun 12 19:40:16 EDT 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux