[ESS] ess-comment-indent

Joel J. Adamson jadamson at PARTNERS.ORG
Wed Apr 4 22:01:11 CEST 2007

Dear List,

I'm using XEmacs 21.4.19 (Constant Variable) on Slackware Linux 11.0.
I work most of the time in Stata and sometimes in R.  When I'm writing
out a .do-file (a Stata script), if I put a comment on its own line,
the next line will automatically be indented 2 columns.  I don't want
that to happen.  I'm sure this is ESS code making this happen, since
it also happens in R mode.

I've looked through ess-mode.el and found a number of functions.  I
would presume the best way to rectify this would be to put a
replacement function in my init.el:

(defun misbehaving-function ()
  ())

or whatever you would suggest.  The biggest complication is that I
don't want to eradicate the desirable behavior.  If there's a variable
I can set (ess-comment-indent-...), instead of replacing the function,
please let me know.  That would be the simplest solution.

Thanks,
Joel
--
Joel J. Adamson
Biostatistician

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and properly dispose of this information.