[ESS] slowness problem

Laurent ESS laurentESS at free.fr
Wed Sep 6 22:55:31 CEST 2006

Martin Maechler a écrit :

>    tony> On 9/5/06, Laurent ESS <laurentESS at free.fr> wrote:
>    >> With M-x ess-makeSweave I have the message "No ESS
>    >> process is associated with this buffer now"
>
>    tony> You havn't been evaluating the R code chunks directly
>    tony> out of the Rnw file, have you?  You need to do that
>    tony> first to set up the relationship.
>
>    tony> Patches welcome to solve it, my hacking time is booked
>    tony> until February by a few other projects.
>
>Actually, I've recently improved ess-swv.el
>and - it may be - even solved the above problem.
>
>Laurent, can you try
>https://svn.r-project.org/ESS/trunk/lisp/ess-swv.el
>
>and report back?
>
>Martin

I tried it and it is a little faster. I will follow the A.J. Rossini
advice, i.e. I will learn how to use an batch approach to run Sweave on
Windows because I have never done it. I will find how to use the
Sweave.sh because this two lines are a little mysterious !

#!/bin/sh
echo "library(\"utils\"); Sweave(\"$1\")" | R --no-save --no-restore

Thanks to everyone :

- I learnt that it is better to use ess-makeSweave
- I have to learn the batch use of Sweave to not re-run in the same session
- I discovered the weave package which seems very usefull !