[ESS] slowness problem

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Wed Sep 6 08:47:59 CEST 2006

    tony> On 9/5/06, Laurent ESS <laurentESS at free.fr> wrote:
    >> With M-x ess-makeSweave I have the message "No ESS
    >> process is associated with this buffer now"

    tony> You havn't been evaluating the R code chunks directly
    tony> out of the Rnw file, have you?  You need to do that
    tony> first to set up the relationship.

    tony> Patches welcome to solve it, my hacking time is booked
    tony> until February by a few other projects.

Actually, I've recently improved ess-swv.el
and - it may be - even solved the above problem.

Laurent, can you try
https://svn.r-project.org/ESS/trunk/lisp/ess-swv.el

and report back?

Martin