[ESS] ess-makePDF and Adobe Reader 7

Kiermeier, Andreas (PIRSA - SARDI) Kiermeier.Andreas at saugov.sa.gov.au
Wed Sep 6 01:26:04 CEST 2006

Ross,

I think this is because Acrobat Reader basically locks the file - I have
the same problem.

The solution is to use Ghostview, which you can get from
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/.  You will need to download both
ghostscript (I use AFPL) and gsview.  Install ghostscript first and then
gsview.  The only downside is that there is no support for the
bookmarks.

Cheers,

Andreas

_____________________________
Dr Andreas Kiermeier
Senior Statistician
SARDI FOOD SAFETY PROGRAM

33 Flemington Street
Glenside   SA   5065
Ph:	+61 8 8207 7884
Fax:	+61 8 8207 7854
Mob:	0423 028 565

Email: Kiermeier.Andreas at saugov.sa.gov.au
Web: http://www.sardi.sa.gov.au/
_____________________________
If you would like to correspond with me in a secure way, using public
key encryption, please contact me directly for details of my GPG public
key or visit the SARDI website, where you can download my public key
from my personal staff page.

The information in this e-mail and attachments (if any) may be
confidential and/or legally privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken is
prohibited. SARDI, The South Australian Research and Development
Institute, is the research division of Primary Industries and Resources
(SA)