[ESS] Syntax highligtening for R, Rd, DESCRIPTION, NAMESPACE

Gregor GORJANC gregor.gorjanc at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 01:08:27 CET 2006

On 3/16/06, A.J. Rossini <blindglobe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, it should be possible, either under XEmacs or CVS Emacs (i.e. GTK variant).
>
> Is it easy?  Well, depends on how much time you want to spend with
> font-lock specifications and decide on colors/fonts to use.
>
> On 3/16/06, Gregor Gorjanc <gregor.gorjanc at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I was just checking the R wiki and found and impresive syntax
> > highlighting at
> >
> > http://www.sciviews.org/_rgui/wiki/doku.php?id=wiki:rhighlighting
> >
> > Would such a setup possible also in Emacs/ESS? Any real examples are
> > welcome.

Tony and Daniel, thanks. I know font-locking i.e. i have the following in my
.emacs file

;; Enabling font lock globally
(global-font-lock-mode 1)
(setq font-lock-maximum-decoration t) ;; maximum font-lock

But I would like additionally to:
- colorize fields in NAMESPACE, DESCRIPTION
- how to colorize function names, brackets, ...

R wiki is using some "engine" to do this and as far as I understood, it
is written in PHP and I am wondering if this might be easily ported also
to ESS?

--
Lep pozdrav / With regards,
    Gregor Gorjanc

University of Ljubljana          PhD student
Biotechnical Faculty
Zootechnical Department     URI: http://www.bfro.uni-lj.si/MR/ggorjan
Groblje 3                            mail: gregor.gorjanc <at> bfro.uni-lj.si
SI-1230 Domzale                tel: +386 (0)1 72 17 861
Slovenia, Europe                 fax: +386 (0)1 72 17 888