[ESS] ESS and S-PLUS on a Macintosh

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Wed Apr 19 18:04:44 CEST 2006

*Tim Hesterberg x319* timh at insightful.com wrote:

> Wed Oct 16 17:32:01 CEST 2002
>
> I'm interested in running ESS and S-PLUS on a Macintosh.
> Anyone have experience with this?  Know if it has been done
> successfully?
>
> Thanks,
> Tim Hesterberg

I was thinking about this thread; is an answer almost 4 years later fast
enough for you? :o)
Well, things have changed.  Last month I got my Intel Mac.  And thanks
to WINE,
I'm happily running OpenBUGS for Windows under OS X.  You can find OS X
WINE binaries @ http://darwine.opendarwin.org/download.php

But, be warned, DP means Developer's Preview.  And, I don't have S-plus
to try, but some
things will work.  And, for those that don't, I'm sure a bug report
would be appreciated by
the WINE developers.

Rodney