[ESS] RGUI not responding

Richard M. Heiberger rmh at temple.edu
Thu Mar 31 17:46:46 CEST 2005

Two questions about your query.

1. I can't determine from what you wrote if the problem is with R
running inside xemacs or with the RGUI.  Please clarify by describing in
excessive detail how I can duplicate the problem you are seeing.

2. I am worried that you had trouble installing ESS.  The installation of ESS
on Windows is trivial.

a. unzip the downloaded file, for example, to c:/emacs/ess/
b. add a line to .emacs or init.el
   (load-file "c:/emacs/ess/lisp/ess-site.el")

That is it.  My fear is that whatever additional complications you did
may themselves have introduced the problem.  Please tell us what you did
for installation.

Rich