[ESS] no gnuclient

Richard M. Heiberger rmh at temple.edu
Mon Mar 28 17:07:16 CEST 2005

I am out of my range with linux.  An Xemacs-on-linux user
will have to make further comments on the linux side.

On windows, I think you do not yet have the right load-path specified.
I have gnuserv in the following directory
c:/emacs/gnuserv/
and I have in it executables
gnuclient.exe     ## use this one for edit, as it locks R and
                  ## waits for the edit to complete.
gnuclientw.exe    ## use this one for paging, as it doesn't lock R
gnuserv.exe       ## background process

My emacs exec-path includes
 "c:/emacs/gnuserv"
My emacs load-path includes
 "c:/emacs/gnuserv"

My site-start.el includes the lines
(require 'gnuserv)  ## this loads c:/emacs/gnuserv/gnuserv.el into emacs
(gnuserv-start)     ## this executes c:/emacs/gnuserv/gnuserv.exe as
                    ## a background process
(setq gnuserv-frame (selected-frame)) ## this makes files stay in the same frame

Rich