[ESS] Beginner: ESS and Sweave - process selected region of Snw-file

Heinz Tuechler tuechler at gmx.at
Sun Mar 6 21:59:36 CET 2005

Hello,

trying to use ESS and Sweave I am looking for a function to pass a region
of a Snw-file to R. I know that I can select a code chunk and let it
execute, but I would be happy, if it was easily possible to select some
region of the file including a mix of code- and documentation chunks and
have the code chunks executed.
I found a posting of david.whiting at ncl.ac.uk from Wed Sep 1 14:55:52
CEST 2004 with very useful functions to Sweave the entire file but in
developing a command file it would be convenient to execute only parts of a
file. I imagine something like Stangle the selected region and then
evaluate it.
I guess someone experienced has already in use such functions.

Thanks,

Heinz Tüchler