[ESS] symbol's value as variable is void

Tamas K Papp tpapp at Princeton.EDU
Sat Apr 23 03:11:09 CEST 2005

I am trying to use stata remotely.  I starts ssh.el, then stata, then
I do M-x ess-remote and type stata.  I get the following message:

font-lock-eval-keywords: Symbol's value as variable is void: inferior-ess-font-lock-keywords

Another issue: M-; gives /* comment */ as comments.  Stata does not seem
to be recognizing them as comments, only

* comment

works.

Did I do something the wrong way?  Otherwise, everything works fine.
I am using the following deb packages:

ess             5.2.6-1
emacs21         21.4a-1

Thanks,

Tamas

PS.: I hate stata and I will only be using it for another two weeks,
but for a certain course I have no choice but using it.  If fixing
these is too much of a hassle, then don't waste your time.