[ESS] configuring the ess-toolbar under emacs

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 5 22:51:59 CEST 2005

Dear Woodrow,
I don't know if you got the following that I sent just to you last
night.

Stephen

hi,
you might try something like the following in your .emacs before
(require 'ess-site) line:

(setq ess-toolbar-items
  '( (R   "startr"  "Start R process")
     (S   "spluslogo" "Start S process")
     (ess-eval-line-and-step   "rline" "Eval line & step")
     (ess-eval-region   "rregion" "Eval region")))

and then restart emacs.  (Untested: not at a machine where I can test
this right now.)

I'm still waiting (since May last year) for a compatability library to
provide portable toolbar code across Emacs and XEmacs.  This is yet
another time when I wished everyone just used Emacs!

stephen