ESS commands

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at post.its.mcw.edu
Mon Mar 22 17:24:16 CET 2004

>hummmm, what should I make off all of this. my setup
>is not a standard way but a customized way of running
>"R under ess"?

Fred:

Look at the init.el on that page and see the line:
(R-mode) ; put *scratch* buffer in R mode

Apparently, the *scratch* buffer is placed into R mode, but I
can't imagine the purpose.  *scratch* is provided for e-lisp interaction.
What happens when you do something like:
(message "%s" emacs-version) Ctrl-J

Rodney Sparapani              Medical College of Wisconsin
Sr. Biostatistician           Patient Care & Outcomes Research
rsparapa at mcw.edu              http://www.mcw.edu/pcor
Was 'Name That Tune' rigged?  WWLD -- What Would Lombardi Do