[ESS] on "Check inferior-ess-prompt or ess-loop-timeout"

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Thu Dec 16 03:16:46 CET 2004

Dear Ottorino-Luca,

I believe that you're experiencing an incompatibility between your version
of my init file and the version of ESS that you're using. Have you tried a
newer version of my init file? The current one on my web site
(http://socserv.socsci.mcmaster.ca/jfox/Books/Companion/ESS/index.html) is
Version 0.6.1, dated 5 November 2004.

By the way, to prevent the *scratch* buffer from being put into S mode, you
just have to define scratch-in-S-mode as nil near the top of the init file;
this is now the default.

I hope that this helps,
 John

John Fox