ESS in Windows: talk to rgui.exe?

Paul Johnson pauljohn at ku.edu
Thu Apr 22 23:44:17 CEST 2004

A student just asked me a question about ESS on WIndows after I
installed ESS-5.1.20rc3.

Why can't Emacs/ESS talk to the Rgui.exe version that is available in
windows?  I want to take advantage of the "File/Save As" feature for graphs.

What do you think? Honestly, it never occurred to me, but it seems
reasonable.  Otherwise, one must just copy and paste commands from Emacs
into the R gui command window.

Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn at ku.edu
1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504