GenStat from ESS

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Tue Jan 21 06:36:09 CET 2003

>>>>> "rod" == Rod Ball <rod.ball at forestresearch.co.nz> writes:

    rod> You are in luck. I have written a Genstat mode for gnu emacs,
    rod> which I am prepared to contribute, unsupported (I don't
    rod> currently have access to the unix version of Genstat), under
    rod> GPL license.

    rod> It is based on S-mode circa 1990, and uses comint.el, and
    rod> Genstat of similar vintage, and described in

    rod> \item Ball, R.D. 1994: Genstat mode for Gnu Emacs. {\it
    rod> Genstat Newsletter 30.}

    rod> I could send the file to anyone interested, or post it for
    rod> incorporation in ESS. Where is the appropriate place to post
    rod> it?

Send me a copy.  I'll put it on the ESS WWW site with your permission,
and subject to a general agreement to sign paperwork if/when we submit
ESS to the FSF (under the GPL), could work on integration.

Note that I don't know of anyone using GenStat, or have access, so
would need the cooperation of some people who do.

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini at u.washington.edu
FHCRC/SCHARP/HIV Vaccine Trials Net	rossini at scharp.org
-------------- http://software.biostat.washington.edu/ ----------------
FHCRC: M: 206-667-7025 (fax=4812)|Voicemail is pretty sketchy/use Email
UW:   Th: 206-543-1044 (fax=3286)|Change last 4 digits of phone to FAX
(my tuesday/wednesday/friday locations are completely unpredictable.)