Problems calling S-Plus help

Riccardo Gusso rgusso at unive.it
Mon Jan 13 17:21:50 CET 2003

Hello,
after a little bit of work I have been successful in installing Splus and ess
on my laptop equipped with Debian Linux.
However, I have still some problems when I try to see the help for an Splus
function from the Splus process running inside Xemacs: for example if I give
as input
'?princomp'
I get as answer
'>emacsclient: can't find socket; have you started the server?'

Everything instead is ok if I give the same input from Splus command window.
Can anybody help me to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance,
                          Riccardo Gusso