DEL behaves as BS

Alberto Murta amurta at ipimar.pt
Thu Jan 2 14:32:16 CET 2003

Dear all

I've just started using ess and emacs (in fact xemacs). I was forced to
"convert" myself to emacs just to use it with ESS and R :)
I have the following problem: the delete key behaves normally when
editing ordinary text (deletes the character after the cursor), but
behaves as backspace when editing R files. Could someone point out why
is this happening? I'm using xemacs 21.1 and ESS 5.1.24.
Happy New Year!

Alberto

                           Alberto G. Murta
          IPIMAR -  Institute for Fisheries and Sea Research
            Avenida de Brasilia, 1449-006 Lisboa, Portugal
Tel:+351 213027062; Fax:+351 213015849; http://www.ipimar.pt/pelagicos/