ESS+R Win2000 Crash

Darryl darryl.greig at hp.com
Wed Apr 9 08:15:32 CEST 2003

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for your suggestions on this issue. To summarize, the most common
suggestion was: use XEmacs. I will most likely follow this suggestion.
To answer Tony's question as to whether I have ever run a shell from within
emacs, I have not. The most sophisticated thing I do with emacs is ESS.
I have not yet found a way to reproduce the problem ... you know how it is,
when you work, you walk on eggshells and still get crashes, but when you set
aside time to try and crash the system you just can't. I will let you know
if I succeed in this.

Thanks,
Darryl.