ESS and OS X

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Wed Nov 27 20:00:48 CET 2002

>>>>> "kieran" == Kieran Healy <kjhealy at arizona.edu> writes:

    kieran> Will ESS run under Macintosh OS X? Right now I use Emacs/Latex/R/ESS
    kieran> under Linux, and I'd like to replicate my work environment on a new
    kieran> Powerbook. I know that Latex will work, that R will compile, and that
    kieran> Carbon/Aqua (not sure of the difference there) versions of Emacs are
    kieran> available now, with full support on the way in Emacs 21.4. This just
    kieran> leaves ESS --- is it a straightforward install? Is there anything
    kieran> special that needs to be done?

If you install an X11 server (i.e. XDarwin or the OroborusX
windowmanager/X server combo), it'll be pretty much identical; you can
get XEmacs or Emacs this way using fink (fink.sourceforge.net).

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini at u.washington.edu
FHCRC/SCHARP/HIV Vaccine Trials Net	rossini at scharp.org
-------------- http://software.biostat.washington.edu/ ----------------
FHCRC: M: 206-667-7025 (fax=4812)|Voicemail is pretty sketchy/use Email
UW:   Th: 206-543-1044 (fax=3286)|Change last 4 digits of phone to FAX
(my tuesday/wednesday/friday locations are completely unpredictable.)