ESS and OS X

Kieran Healy kjhealy at arizona.edu
Wed Nov 27 19:35:04 CET 2002

Hello -

Will ESS run under Macintosh OS X? Right now I use Emacs/Latex/R/ESS
under Linux, and I'd like to replicate my work environment on a new
Powerbook. I know that Latex will work, that R will compile, and that
Carbon/Aqua (not sure of the difference there) versions of Emacs are
available now, with full support on the way in Emacs 21.4. This just
leaves ESS --- is it a straightforward install? Is there anything
special that needs to be done?

My apologies if this is a FAQ.

Thanks,

Kieran

--
Kieran Healy, http://www.u.arizona.edu/~kjhealy.
Asst Professor, Sociology Dept, University of Arizona.