Gnuserv, NTEmacs, Windows 2000 and R

Göran Arnoldsson Goran.Arnoldsson at stat.umu.se
Fri Nov 10 12:33:04 CET 2000

I am trying to run ESS .1.18 under NTEmacs 20.7.1 (distributed within
fpTeX) using
the Gnuserv for NT. All under Windows 2000 (that's seems to be the
problem?)

There are no problems in getting Emacs running, loading the ESS files
and edit script files for R. I can also launch R using M-x R.
However, Rterm.exe accepts a first line of input, but then communication
between Emacs and Rterm is lost. Emacs, R and Gnuserv "hang" and have to
be stopped using the task manager.

Can I make some amendent somewhere? Or should I rest back and wait for a
Win 2000 version of Gnuserv?

Göran Arnoldsson
Dept. of Statistics
Umeå University