ESS, devtools, and documentation

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Oct 30 19:07:33 CET 2014

Thanks guys.  It still blocks me (when trying 'git push' from the existing repo).

On 30 October 2014 at 18:10, Martin Maechler wrote:
| Thank you Vitalie, for taking up the ball, while I had decided to be busy with
| other stuff (teaching.. supervising students.. doing research and programming
| for a conference "paper" I have still have to write ...).
| Vitalie knows more about github management than me in any case,
| but yes indeed, you should get write access to ESS which moved from svn to
| github,
| and yes, we will put in some effort to resolve this  (but then, the whole thing
| is not so terribly urgent, as we have not planned a release any time soon).

Totally agreed. It really is not urgent, but I sensed what you wanted to
achieve and we;re simply not there yet.  That is all.

Last time I looked I was part of a group 'debian' within the group, but I
couldn't quite see what if anything 'debian' was entitled.

When I have a moment (ie not the few days as I'll be at software carpentry
workshop at Northwestern which I helped put together) I'll try to compare
with one or two of the orgs where I am admin.  This is probably a simple
setup issue.

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org